Open Gym Safety Rules
At Granite City Gymnastics, we strive to provide open gyms that are fun and safe for everyone! Here are some ways you can help us out:
1. Remember to always be respectful of all gymnasts, no name calling and certainly no profanity.
2. Gymnasts 5 years and under must have adult supervision at all times.
3. No food or flavored beverages are allowed in the gym. Water in a container that can be sealed is allowed, but must be left by the wall near the bathrooms in the gym
(or in the lobby).
4. Our gym is like a busy street: our equipment is the street, and other gymnasts are the cars. So just like when crossing a street, stop and look both ways before you walk across the floor, vault runway, tumble trak, bar mats, or beam mats!
5. Always make sure there is no one in the pit when you jump in! Also, our pit is not like a swimming pool. That means no diving in head first! Be careful to always land feet first, or on your back.
6. When jumping on the tumble trak, be sure to stay in the middle at all times!
7. Take turns! There will often be many gymnasts at an open gym, and everyone wants to get their turn on the equipment.
8. Always make sure you have supervision when using the preschool area. This means having someone watch who is a parent, Granite City Staff member, or over 18 years of age!
9. If you move a piece of equipment make sure you put it back where you found it.
10. If you abuse or misuse the equipment your parents may be called and you may be asked to leave.
11. Have fun! And most of all, if you ever need help, don’t be afraid to ask a coach. They would all love to give you a hand!
Get that energy out! Let your little ones run, play, make new friends and explore all the fun things we have at Granite City Gymnastics.
MEMBERS ONLY OPEN GYM ($9/gymnast)
Saturdays, 12:00-1:30 PM, (ages 6+)
PRESCHOOL OPEN GYMS ($6/child)
Tuesdays & Thursdays, 10:00-11:00 AM